Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Judy: Part IV

PART IV
1 A.M. to 9 A.M. - Sleeping and turning
A. Once ready for sleep, we remove the wedge pillow and I am turned to my left side, using the huck drawsheet to position my hips comfortable and foam pillows behind my back, between my knees and under my head.
1. Although the normal practice dictates turning ever two hours, I have found through experience and the fact that I am using this Alternating Pressure Pad, that I can safely tolerate approximately three hours per side.
2. At the proper time, remove pillows and again using the huck drawsheet, turn to my back.
3. Later, final turn to the right side using pillows as before.
4. Return to back to begin the morning's work.
B. GOOD MORNING! As you can see, my care has spanned the full twenty-four hours of the day, but there is no question that I have benefitted from this routine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home