Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Judy: Part II, e.

c). Since I use a tape recorder in my work as a medical technologist, we purchased as record, having a remote control switch on the microphone for which my father built a stand incorporating a lever around the switch. With this beside my work area, I can bump the lever on and off a will, dictating comments whenever necessary. (See Appendix I, drawing 4)
d. A timer switch gives me some degree of independence in T.V. viewing or with other appliances. These come in models to turn one or more electrical appliances both on and off or only off, at pre - set times. (Again, Radio Shack)
e. And elastic ankle-wrist athletic cuff with two extra holes cut for inserting a pen, makes a simple device to hold the pen or pencil in a relatively normal position for writing. (Mine is by Baka Mfg. Co., Sharon, Mass. - model #301.) (See Appendix I, drawing 5)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home