Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Friday, April 03, 2009

Judy:1, q.

c. Besides shampooing in the tub, we have evolved two alternate methods for accomplishing this activity:
1). When I am in the wheelchair it is possible, by using a special shampoo tray with suction cups to wash my hair in a sink equipped with an extension spray house. We use a sheet of plastic pinned around my neck to protect both the wheelchair and myself from suds and spray.
2). During those few times when I was unable to get out of bed, we managed to shampoo my hair satisfactorily, if somewhat primitively, while I was still flat on my back. We used:
a). the flannel lined plastic table cloth to protect the bed and several towels for mopping wet hair.
b). the bedside table lowered to bed height and placed as close as possible to the side of the bed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home