Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Judy: Part II, c.

3. Since most of my productivity and relaxation during the day depends upon the field of communictions in one way or another, we have found or devised much adaptive equipment to aid my independence in this area.
a. In order that I might make telephone calls, we have converted to the pushbutton type phone, which while slightly clumsy for everyday calls, at least enables me to push the "0" button for help in case of an emergency.
1.) For picking up the receiver and answering the phone, I have a "C" cuff of orthoplast taped to the back into which I can slip my hand. Any pliable material, light weight but rigid (such as aluminum) could be used for this. (See Appendix I, drawing 3)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home