Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Monday, April 06, 2009

Judy: Part II, b.

2. To allow me as much independence as possible, I also use:
a. A universal cuff, made of Velcro, that can be used to hold such articles as a toothbrush, eating utensil or possibly a comb. (See Appendix I, drawing 2)
b. A special adjustable handle which can be fitted onto a glass and hooked over the hand for drinking. This works best with a tall thermo-plastic tumbler.
c. However, because I drink large quantities of fluid each day, a homemade "drinker" is much handier than consuming one glass at a time. This is nothing more than a quart-sized plastic refrigerator container with a hole in the lid through which is placed an elongated straw. (Two plastic straws with ends telescoped and taped together.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home