Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Judy: 1, r.*End of Part I)

c). a metal pitcher, an oblong, pliable plastic dish basin and a cup for scooping water over the head.
d). patient is placed at an angle in the bed with head extended over the side into the basin. My hair is short and lends itself to this treatment. While not the best method, I thought it was a delight for many months.
d. Chest colds - Because of my inability to cough, any chest congestion is cause for concern. My method of coping with this problem is, first, to be helped into a sitting position, then lower myself until my head touches my knees. This applies enough gentle pressure on the diaphragm to allow m to cough and clear my chest.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home