Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Aunt Mary's Memoirs, Chapter 2: XV

Wednesday, November 25, 1925, was our wedding day. The day before Thanksgiving we were married at Holy Family Church and a reception for relatives and close friends was held at home. We then went off for a four-day honeymoon. Expecting some trick by my brothers, we were hurrying out when I slipped on a wet icy spot as there had been a light snow that morning. I fell and got a hole in my stocking and so it was we left for New York City to start off our life together. After returning, we lived with Ed's mother, father, and two younger sisters, Elizabeth and Marion, until we bought a home of our own in Germantown the following year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home