Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Aunt Mary's Memoirs, Chapter 2: XIV

Here we grew up, enjoying farm life, attending church and school in Manayunk, and making friends. Walking home from Sodality on Tuesday evenings my girlfriend and I would be joined by some of the local boys; this is how I met Ed Renz. He was sixteen years old at the time and lived at Ridge and Fairthorne Avenues. We began to date. He took me to see plays in Germantown and walks on Sunday afternoons. This lasted a year or so, then we went our separate ways. After many friends, parties, dances, and social affairs, five or six years later we started to go out again. One August evening after a swimming date, he surprised me by asking if I would marry him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home