Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Tom

Tom, my oldest brother, was twelve years older than I and so I did not know him well until we were older. I do remember his right hand being bandaged up from an accidental gunshot wound. He attended R.C.H.S. and graduated in 1914. Later he worked in an office at the navy yard. When World War One broke out, he joined the navy and was soon sent to Europe on a supply ship. The ship was sabotaged and burning on the way over. It sank near Gibraltar but most of the crew were rescued. He returned and spent the rest of the war and his enlistment in the U.S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home