Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Aunt Mary's Memoirs: XXIV

I sometimes feel that I was more or less favored, being the first girl after three boys: I was given music lessons, practicing on the big square piano in the cold parlor. Later that parlor served for our dancing and Sunday night parties when my brother Jim and his friends and my friends would get together. I would make a cake in the afternoon and with tea or cocoa, many a good time we had. Tom would occasionally stay and join us, but usually he was too grown up for our little affairs. In the summertime we would set a long table outside on the lawn and sometimes had as many as twenty or thirty young people present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home