Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Judy: Misc. 6

5. Foot upright - Place hand around the heel, forearm against the ball of the foot. Applying pressure from the arm, bend foot up as far as possible into a standing position; lower and repeat.
6. Ankle rotation - Place hand firmly under the ball of foot. Raise foot first into upright position, then rotate slightly so sole faces inward; return to upright position, then rotate until sole is turned out. Return to upright position and repeat.
Both resistive and active range of motion exercises for my arms as well as passive finger exercises were also prescribed for me, but I feel these areas are too specialized to be mentioned here. (See Appendix I, drawing 7 for sandbag pattern for active range of motion exercises.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home