Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Uncle Ed's Memoirs: III

There are two houses on the farm. The lower house where we were all raised is a small, white-washed stone house. Then there's the upper house, a much larger double house to which we moved in 1921 after Aunt Rose died. The milkhouse, barn and stables stretched beyond the lower house. Then there is the barnyard and pasture, about ten acres, not nearly enough for the twenty cows we had.
This is 1929 and my name is Edmond Francis Byrne. I just graduated from Roman Catholic High School, following the footsteps of Tom, Jim and Frank. I have the world by the tail.
--End--
Reluctant to come away from my father's generation, I am going to add to this narrative my Aunt Mary's memoirs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home