Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Aunt Mary's Memoirs: III

Another memory is of one warm summer day making mud-pies. My brother Joe was not too interested in this pastime as he was only two or three years old and I tried to explain how he must help me. Just at this time, Dr. David Custer drove his horse and buggy down the lane and we were both called into the house to be vaccinated. Later we proudly showed off the little bandages on our arms to our older brothers when they came home from school.
It was soon after this that I started to go to school myself. It was a long walk, at least a mile to Holy Family, which at that time was just a four-room building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home