Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Aunt Mary's Memoirs: II

My personal little haven that morning was the ledge about a foot or so wide outside the fence where a retaining wall had been built separating the yard from the lower roadway. My three older brothers, Tom, John and Jim, were at school and the baby, Joe, was still too young to accompany me outdoors at play. Mother was busy in the house; after washing the breakfast dishes and putting them away, caring for the baby and making the beds, she would carefully wash her face and comb her hair. I thought she was very pretty. Her sister Maggie also lived with us at this time, but I cannot recall her too well in those early years, just my Mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home