Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Hard Work

At times, I had some help with this work. Robert (Dr.) Driscoll came when he had time and my brother Joe usually came on Sundays. I broke through a wall to the living room and made an open doorway to the rest of the house. I installed the heating, wiring, and plumbing. I put in a new window, new insulation and linoleum before putting on the ceiling tile. We had some help from some men from the church in painting the whole room on the night before Judy was to come home. But the whole place was finished on time and we were proud of it. I am afraid that I was neglecting my work around Sonya's place but she was very understanding and helpful for which we were and still are grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home