Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Fun At The Farm

During the years that I lived on the farm near Lansdale, I usually lived and worked alone, but on Sundays and holidays there was often plenty of company. There always seemed to be some relative or friend visiting, often with their family or friends. I guess we were just the right distance for a pleasant drive.
They often organized a picnic or party and we had many good times. My cousin Fanny and her husband (Charley) often instigated these gatherings and her brothers and sisters were constant visitors. Some of the parties were quite large with many single men and women. I often marvel that there was never any hint of even thought of anything immoral or indecent even though there was much drinking and hilarity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home