Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Painting II

We continued these classes for several years and had some success in various shows and exhibits, but mostly we enjoyed it as a pleasant and restful hobby. I gave away most of my paintings, a few I sold, and a few more I framed and still have. One of these is a self portrait that won a "best of show" award.
As my interest in art increased, I tried other mediums, and later found pleasure in water color painting because it was so much faster. After Judy's accident I did not have much time and had to give up painting and soon lost interest in it. Now that I am retired, I am thinking of trying it again, but it may not work because my hands shake so much. However, it is worth a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home