Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Wrapping Up the Present/Recalling the Past

The owners of this place where we are living now are trying to convert it to a condominium but I don't think they are having much success. They do promise, however, that we will not be asked to move. But, even so, many of the present tenants are moving out or have given notice that they intend to. It will be an interesting winter, and we do not know what to expect. Although the services here are declining, I expect that they will continue to be adequate.
In looking over the preceding pages of this dissertation I find that I have come up to date without having recorded even half of the thoughts and experiences that come to mind. So I think that I shall try to recall a few without date or sequence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home