Domino Lane

Memories of rural life on a Pennsylvania farm in the early years of the 20th century. Although the topic is different, I've added (in 2009), my cousin's absorbing paper, "The Handicapped At Home." REMEMBER: To start at the beginning, you must click on the June 2006 section of the archives, go to the June 25th entry, then "scroll up" from there.

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Judy: Appendix V., d.

6. Nightgowns - Although not to be worn in a wheelchair, we have found hospital type gowns to be a great aid to night time comfort. Sold by this name in most department stores, they are made with a full back opening, have a tie string closing and come in many pretty styles, color and materials. Also very satisfactory is a regular nightgown, again a size larger, split up the back and bound same as for the dress.
7. Underclothing - To eliminate the possibility of binding or twisting when wearing both panties and a slip, we have found the happy compromise of a "panti-slip." These serve the purpose of panties but have an above-the-knee, wide, lace trimmed leg which looks like a slip if seen under the hem of a skirt. The ones we have found are put out by Olga, who also makes a matching camasole which gives a finished look when worn under transparent clothing.
(This concludes Judy's narrative.)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Blogger keyfobz said...

To "Mimi" or to anyone that might know of the actual author of http://mimi249.blogspot.com/ and uncle-franks-farm.blogspot.com on Roxborough/Domino Lane memories, please help me contact her. I have *tons* of questions to ask her about Domino Lane and the surrounding area.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Rosemary Molloy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Rosemary Molloy said...

Both blogs are mine and I'll be glad to respond, but I'm worried about putting my e-mail address here. If you go to the first entry of Domino Lane, you'll see my name. I'm on Facebook without my middle name. If you send me a private message with your email address, I'll respond with mine. Thank you.



 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger keyfobz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home